<a href=”https://dailypost.wordpress.com/dp_prompt/connect-the-dots-2/”>Connect the Dots</a>
Since my Mom has died I have had many, many people give me “advice”.
- I shouldn’t isolate myself. Let me tell you what I did this week. Monday had appointment at Diabetes Centre. Tuesday went grocery shopping. Wednesday laundry, Thursday I made final payment at funeral home and today I have Dr appointment. Tomorrow is writing class and Sunday I’m going out for Thanksgiving dinner. Does that look like I’m isolating myself? I don’t want to go to Dr because I am stressed.
- I need to make new traditions. Well duh. By the very nature that I have no family to share traditions with it means I have to change what I do. But it doesn’t mean I still can’t send out cards at Christmas or some day put up a tree. These are ways to honour their memories.
- Keep busy. I live in a 4 bedroom house. There are always things to do.
- keep the same routine. That isn’t possible right now. Things are so up in the air. I’M just taking it one day at a time.
- Take care of yourself. I’ve taken care of everyone else for 9yrs I don’t know how to put myself first. But I’m trying. It’s a hard thing for women to learn.
Do you know why I love JB and SG? Because all they do is listen. They respect that fact that my losses are huge and I need time.