What’s the thing you’re most scared to do? What would it take to get you to do it?
Things I’m scared to do…
1. Say Goodbye. When my Dad died we were asked by the social worker if we wanted to be there when he took his last breath. Because of how tramatic my sister’s death was we both decided not to. When my Mom died the Drs asked if I wanted to be there and I told them no. When Mom and I went to bereavement group it was a big deal as most of the people had done it. And there is some judgement there too. It took me years to get the image out of my head and when my Mom died it all came flooding back. I want to remember them in happy times.
2. Be alone. Unfortunately I have no choice in this one.
3. Travel. There is some fear in travelling by myself now. A couple people have suggested I go somewhere for Christmas but I just don’t know if I have the energy to do it yet.
4. Have a relationship with my brother. I’m scared I will get hurt again. What would it take to get me to do it? A LOT!!
5. Doing the wrong thing. There are a lot of responsibilites associated with the estate, the house etc. I’m scared of paying too much, picking the wrong person etc.
People see me as a strong person and it’s true but I have learned how to do it over time. I’ve grown into a strong, resourceful person.