1. How much paperwork is involved in an estate. I had some idea from my Dad but that was relatively simple compared to this! I naively thought that as long as she had a will it would be simple.
2. And secondary to the first point how many times I would have to go to the bank. Part of me feels guilty for saying this because there are people that would be very happy to have my problem. As I have said before I have a hard time thinking of it as MY money as opposed to Moms.
3. How long it would take to clean out the house. Friends tell me I have done so much and I shouldn’t be hard on myself.
4. The adjustment to living in an apartment. It took me a while to get used to this was my home, for a while it felt “temporary”. I couldn’t believe I lived here.
5. Friends. This is two fold…the ones that I thought would be there for me and the ones that came to my aid.
Did I underestimate myself? There were times when I felt this would never be over. I knew that eventually it would be but going through it I didn’t even know what I was doing and yet it felt like I was pushed into the deep end of the pool and told now swim! Obviously I have gone through a lot and learned a lot.