Portion control

I think whoever does the word for the daily prompts is having fun with me today! Did somebody know that June is going to be filled with social engagements which all involve eating?
There were a couple of years after my Dad died that I had what my Mom called a birthday week. I went out for lunch with a woman from church, dessert with friends, dinner with Mom and coffee with my coffee buddy.
Being diabetic I try to balance healthy eating with the occasional treat. I’ve often heard of it referred to as the 80/20 rule. Eat healthy 80 percent of the time and you can allow yourself some leeway the other 20 percent. Going out to dinner I choose the restaurant. I’m going to have cake on our birthday. Or maybe a cupcake. It’s about sharing time with friends.
When I went to a conference last year they had buffet for breakfast and one lunch. Breakfast was easy eggs and fruit. My trick is I usually fill up on salad or vegetables but I don’t think they had much. In times like that I just have to do the best I can. Harder too when I didn’t know what time I would be eating dinner. I always carry snacks in my purse.
Tonight I’m going to dinner with a friend. I will get a hug. I don’t have to portion those!


One thought on “Portion control

  1. Pingback: Author Interview – Tony Lovell – Bedbug’s Writing: A Collection of Short Stories + Poetry, Volume One & Bad Words (Bedbug’s Writing Book 2) | toofulltowrite (I've started so I'll finish)

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s