This is actually the photo challenge for this week but I thought it was an interesting word to jump off of.
1. For my sister it would be the satisfaction of finishing a good book. She and my Mom loved mystery novels.
2. For my Mom it would be the joy of opening a new workbook at the beginning of baseball season. Having a clean house. She always said that having a cleaning company come in once in a while gave her a lift. My grandmother sewed so it would be a completed project. My grandfather caned chairs so it would be the same sense of accomplishment. For my Dad it would be getting his hands dirty in the garden.
3. An empty laundry basket! Clothes that are clean and put away.
4. Finding the perfect gift. Yesterday I went shopping to buy a birthday card and to find a small gift. I couldn’t find what I wanted. There is nothing better than seeing the joy on someone’s face when you give them the perfect gift. I’ve been told by a couple of friends that I buy good shower and wedding gifts.
5. When yardwork is finished. A tidy yard and a workout…win win. Now I’m glad I no longer have to do it.
6. When I look around my apartment and realize I decorated it all on my own.
7. Getting a good report at the Dr. Because I was looking after my parents I couldn’t look after myself. It’s nice to see my efforts paying off. Having to buy a smaller pair of pants.
I remember when I made the resolution that I was going to write a blog post everyday for a year. There was such a sense of accomplishment because it was a tough year. Sometimes it’s a little thing and sometimes it’s so huge you want to scream “I DID THAT!”